Skip to main content

Who wants some vanilla ice cream?

Greetings! Kopivosian!



Do you know what this UFO-like thing is? Well, that's my mini ice cream maker. Hee! :)

I've long thought about how nice it would be that when we move into our "mansion", I can do lots of desserts and enjoy at home. So when we finally got our refrigerator (after almost 2 years of living without one), last night was "the" night to make some home made desserts while watching Crime Scene Investigation (CSI): New York at Channel AXN. 

The recipe was very simple given by a kind lady, named Grace, who sold me this cute gadgy at mudah.com.my. You can check here for more details. Grace also gave a copy of her English translated ice cream recipes which are super easy to make. I chose to make the simplest recipe -- Vanilla ice cream. 

Recipe? 

1 can of NESTLE cream (approx. 300g) 
1 small can of condensed milk (approx. 400g)
2 tsp of vanilla extract

Mixed all the ingredients with my fantastic kitchen assistant's help -- PHILIPS food processor, then poured into mini icey-creamy maker before patiently waiting for it to set.

I wished I could tell you how it taste like. But the chilling and hardening process took longer than I expected. I started making the mix at 10PM last night, and by 1AM, then only it started to get hardened. The reason? Yeah, I kept it at the fridge, instead of freezer, which was suggested by hubby in the 1st place.

Okay, my mistake. But mistakes are meant to be made so more ice creams can be made, right? ;) 

I shall reveal the answer by this evening. So anyone wants to be my "food tester"? :) 

p/s: I've also made mango pudding last night, but I'll save your appetite for next post. ;)


Elephant Myspace Icon 2 Penny Manson

Comments

  1. special delivery to Charley's residance....pls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. If cannot wait for delivery, just drop by at The Manson's Lil Mansion for some dessert after dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha... the joy of owning one's new home... I thought ice cream takes at least 5-6 hours to set properly??? 2 years without a fridge?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bea, was I just being desperate to try out or what? ;) I can tell you after we finally owned a fridge, it really took us a while to "learn" to fill the fridge with food. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kotobian Tadau Tagazo do Kaamatan!

Kopivosian! Greetings! 
Harvest festival, the highlight of all Natives' celebration in Sabah is just around the corner. Exciting & heat competitions of Unduk Ngadau to see which young lady will be crown Miss Kaamatan.
I participated in the Kaamatan celebration of my husband's clan - Sinakagon Wong Loong on 10 May 2014 at Kg. Ramayah.
There were 2 main events for that day: Unduk Ngadau and Magagung competition. All 5 family branches produced various version of gong beating and rhythm. Every time when the gong beating start, I felt the echo of sound shook to the core of my soul. This is when I realised I have strong Kadazan gene in me too. I am so so proud to be a Sino-Kadazan!










DIY Birthday invitation card for Rosanna Ku

Greetings! Kopivosian!

Remember my niece Lil' Rosanna? Or we would call her Mei-Mei (The little girl) in the family.

Mei-Mei with her birdie eyes
Well, it's her birthday coming. She's celebrating her birthday on Monday, 19 July 2010 at school during school recess. She has asked her mom for a "homemade" birthday cake so she could bring to school. And my job? It's to design her birthday invitation cards for her little friends and teachers at school.

Mei-Mei and Uncle McD at Kingfisher, Likas
Mei-Mei is turning 6 this year. Since she loves Disney characters so much, especially Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, I've decided to design her invitation card with the theme she loves most. :)
I stumbled on a fantastic website that creates Mickey and Minnie invitation cards for sale from Lisa's handmade invitation cards. Since it's impossible for me to order from Lisa, I decided to do my own version of DIY birthday card for Mei-Mei. There was no tutorials in Lisa&#…

To my love, thanks for everything...

Life is great having a special man like you. God bless you, dear... Xoxo
We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary (27.12.2014) at Hounon Ridge Farmstay, Bundu Tuhan together with hub's family for a short family retreat.
Marked this beautiful & witnessed by the majestic Mt. Kinabalu behind us.