Skip to main content

Have you got a baby dragon yet?

Hello everybody! Happy New Year 2012! Oh how I miss my blog journal… Hope you all are well dearies.

This year (2012) is my auspicious year – The year of Dragon. *Rooooar* Chinese generally believe the year of dragon is an auspicious year. Since Chinese New Year is just around the corner, I'm more or less officially entering the 3rd cycle of the year of dragon. Am I that obvious in revealing my age? Oh gee, my hair has already started betraying me if you know what I mean. *wink*

Many of my friends and relatives are planning to get a baby “dragon” this year. Some are confirmed and some have arrived. How about you married ones out there? As for me and hubby, we decided to have an "express baby dragon" asked for my niece RK to be our goddaughter.

This lovely girl RK has very special relationship with us, or rather me especially. When my sister EK gave birth to her 7 years ago, My late brother-in-law asked me to enter the labour room to accompany my sister instead of him. He said he was not ready to witness natural birth process. Being single at that time, I braved myself and my inner motherly instinct took over. I witnessed the whole delivery process (and I practically cheered EK to breath in and out till the baby came out). The gynaecologist was impressed with what I had done to help a smooth delivery she thought I must have got many kids. I had the privilege to cut baby’s umbilical cord and welcome the baby. What a joy! 

Sadly, baby RK hardly know her father. She was 2 months old when her father passed away. Praise the Lord for His kindness. Such sadness quickly came with a blessing in disguise. Soon I was introduced to hubby RM. It was my mother-in-law who spotted me after the funeral and decided to introduce her son to me. We exchanged text, chat, met and immediately clicked and started courting. Baby RK was the reason we spent time together and eventually tied a knot. Isn't it a coincidence their names start from the same alphabet too?



Photo courtesy from Ms Kristy Tony taken during Christmas gathering 2011 at Aunt Juliana Michael-Makajil Residence. Hubby RM, "express baby dragon" RK & me

I’m having a great year to start with and I hope this year will be a great for you all too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Birthday invitation card for Rosanna Ku

Greetings! Kopivosian!

Remember my niece Lil' Rosanna? Or we would call her Mei-Mei (The little girl) in the family.

Mei-Mei with her birdie eyes
Well, it's her birthday coming. She's celebrating her birthday on Monday, 19 July 2010 at school during school recess. She has asked her mom for a "homemade" birthday cake so she could bring to school. And my job? It's to design her birthday invitation cards for her little friends and teachers at school.

Mei-Mei and Uncle McD at Kingfisher, Likas
Mei-Mei is turning 6 this year. Since she loves Disney characters so much, especially Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, I've decided to design her invitation card with the theme she loves most. :)
I stumbled on a fantastic website that creates Mickey and Minnie invitation cards for sale from Lisa's handmade invitation cards. Since it's impossible for me to order from Lisa, I decided to do my own version of DIY birthday card for Mei-Mei. There was no tutorials in Lisa&#…

To my love, thanks for everything...

Life is great having a special man like you. God bless you, dear... Xoxo
We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary (27.12.2014) at Hounon Ridge Farmstay, Bundu Tuhan together with hub's family for a short family retreat.
Marked this beautiful & witnessed by the majestic Mt. Kinabalu behind us.




Kotobian Tadau Tagazo do Kaamatan!

Kopivosian! Greetings! 
Harvest festival, the highlight of all Natives' celebration in Sabah is just around the corner. Exciting & heat competitions of Unduk Ngadau to see which young lady will be crown Miss Kaamatan.
I participated in the Kaamatan celebration of my husband's clan - Sinakagon Wong Loong on 10 May 2014 at Kg. Ramayah.
There were 2 main events for that day: Unduk Ngadau and Magagung competition. All 5 family branches produced various version of gong beating and rhythm. Every time when the gong beating start, I felt the echo of sound shook to the core of my soul. This is when I realised I have strong Kadazan gene in me too. I am so so proud to be a Sino-Kadazan!