Skip to main content

In Memory of My Mother-In-Law, Tarsila Nanak Manson

MIL & I at Bundu Tuhan for reunion with RM's nanny, Deloris

It has been 9 years, since I first met this wonderful lady, who made a brave decision to ask my mom for a match make to her son. Fast forward, I am blissfully married to her son, RM. And I have the best MIL in the world, my world.

MIL was a hardworking lady all her life. She was well known as food caterer in the kampung community. People love her for her generosity, her friendship, always providing good food and help for others.

Her busy life came to a sudden halt when she was diagnosed with cancer of the uterus. In 2010, she underwent hysterectomy and received chemotherapy. Since then the battle with cancer began. One year later, doctor found mets (metastasis) in her lungs and liver. This sad news came just when my father-in-law passed away due to heart attack. Later, she was diagnosed with rectum cancer, and received treatment. This recurrences eventually led her to the end stage of her cancer.

At first it was a shocking news to our family too. Fear started to sipped in and we were sad. Being diagnosed to this disease, it felt as if the end of the world is near. RM and I decided that she was to move in to stay with us, so we could take care of her. Day by day, as I spent time with my MIL, we developed strong MIL-DIL bonding; we talked and laughed a lot about life. Eventually she braved herself up, and started to live each day to the fullest instead.

As she moved in to our house, RM and I began adjusting our lifestyle and cared for her. She started her "wish list", and tried to accomplish her wishes. One of her wishes was to meet up with RM's nanny, who was staying at Bundu Tuhan, far away from Kota Kinabalu. Whatever she wished to do, we did our best to make her dreams come true. Eventually, she passed away peacefully on 15 June 2013.

I pray that my MIL's happier as she is now with the Lord. Thank you for have given birth to a wonderful son, my husband and for being the best MIL in the world, my world.

p/s: It's been a long while since I updated my journal. As much as I missed MIL dearly, I'll recall what she had taught me and try to compile the Kadazan local delicacy recipes in my blog journal soon.

God bless you all. Bye now.

Best regards,
Penny Manson



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kotobian Tadau Tagazo do Kaamatan!

Kopivosian! Greetings! 
Harvest festival, the highlight of all Natives' celebration in Sabah is just around the corner. Exciting & heat competitions of Unduk Ngadau to see which young lady will be crown Miss Kaamatan.
I participated in the Kaamatan celebration of my husband's clan - Sinakagon Wong Loong on 10 May 2014 at Kg. Ramayah.
There were 2 main events for that day: Unduk Ngadau and Magagung competition. All 5 family branches produced various version of gong beating and rhythm. Every time when the gong beating start, I felt the echo of sound shook to the core of my soul. This is when I realised I have strong Kadazan gene in me too. I am so so proud to be a Sino-Kadazan!










DIY Birthday invitation card for Rosanna Ku

Greetings! Kopivosian!

Remember my niece Lil' Rosanna? Or we would call her Mei-Mei (The little girl) in the family.

Mei-Mei with her birdie eyes
Well, it's her birthday coming. She's celebrating her birthday on Monday, 19 July 2010 at school during school recess. She has asked her mom for a "homemade" birthday cake so she could bring to school. And my job? It's to design her birthday invitation cards for her little friends and teachers at school.

Mei-Mei and Uncle McD at Kingfisher, Likas
Mei-Mei is turning 6 this year. Since she loves Disney characters so much, especially Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, I've decided to design her invitation card with the theme she loves most. :)
I stumbled on a fantastic website that creates Mickey and Minnie invitation cards for sale from Lisa's handmade invitation cards. Since it's impossible for me to order from Lisa, I decided to do my own version of DIY birthday card for Mei-Mei. There was no tutorials in Lisa&#…

To my love, thanks for everything...

Life is great having a special man like you. God bless you, dear... Xoxo
We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary (27.12.2014) at Hounon Ridge Farmstay, Bundu Tuhan together with hub's family for a short family retreat.
Marked this beautiful & witnessed by the majestic Mt. Kinabalu behind us.